Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The World's the LIMIT! #SayYesToTheWorld

I recently met a person who kept harping about the same place #Singapore. I don't have anything against Singapore. In fact my one trip there was simply fabulous. But after hearing for the umpteenth time a comparison between Singapore and current GPS location #Bangalore, I kind of lost my patience.
I snapped back 'For a boy who has seen only three countries and probably not more than two states in India, you seem to have a lot to say!'
Close book. I didn't hear anything about Singapore from this young chap. But I did get someone else start to harp about the country. I say coincidence :)

I am not much of a #world traveller. In fact I am quite a fussy traveller. I do love my own bed and I do have the theory of 'There is no place like home'. That being said, I have had plenty of opportunity to travel. I have no favorites. Every country I have visited, every city I have explored, every street I stayed on has a special memory and a place in my heart. Are there places I want to go again? Yes of course! But then there are so many more places to still see. The World's the limit.

Eating Shrimp from a street cart in Hawaii. Also crepes and pancakes in Hawaii
We are a homeschooling family and China is a big fascination now. I so want to see the Great Wall of China. There there are all those animals I want to see in the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania. Of course I just can't wait for Isaac and Ziva to be old enough to enjoy all the underwater activities to make a trip to Great Barrier Reef in Australia. And of course closer home, I do hope to see a one horned Rhino in the Kazinranga National Park in Assam, India.

Here are some special memories from a few special places around the world.
1. Mauritius - My first underwater walk experience. It seemed the possibilities of exploration way down deep in the ocean brought in a whole new world.
2. United States - From Hawaii to Grand canyon, the Niagara falls , red rocks in Sedona and Florida beaches each place is like a new experience. Different food and sometimes the same food tastes different.
3. Montreal - Culturally rich Montreal with its beautiful parades and super friendly folks.
4. Cancun - Freaky chichen itza with its gory stories and really big iguanas. And then the beautiful crystal clear water with so many shades of blue.
5. Korea - Absolutely wonderful South Korea with the kindest people, scariest food and beautiful historical monuments.
6. Munich - Rich in history that is so dark and yet the streets are filled with friendly faces. Most convenient travel and such an air of joviality every evening at the beer gardens. #firstbeerexperience.
7. Salzburg - Absolutely wonderful palaces and a realization that cramped up colorful houses could also be beautiful.
8. Sri Lanka - Beautiful tea gardens and tall calm mountains. Warm beaches and warmer and friendlier folks.
9. Singapore - So many animals! (This is mostly from the eyes of animal crazy Isaac)
10. Thailand - Beautiful beaches, lots of shopping and noodles for breakfast.

Visiting Salzburg, Austria

Each place gave me a new perspective of people and their lives. Each new thing I tried made me see how close minded I was and how much more I need to learn about the world and the real meaning of being #openminded
Open minded - Taste beer, eat the local food (not Mcdonalds or KFC), shop with the street vendors, learn a few words in the local language (at least how to say Thank you!), learn one cultural nuance, not stare  :), use local travel modes (buses, trains, trams, tuk tuk) . There is so much to see and so much more to learn.
While I don't think I will be much of a world traveller, while I don't have much of the exploration spirit in me, while I definitely have a long way to go to turn 'Open-minded', I Love the World and there is so much more to see and do.

Here's a little advise to those who are young at heart and in the bones. Don't settle for one country just yet. Don't claim to love one place. The World is the LIMIT - Go explore! Go find your adventure! Go open your mind!
#SayYesToTheWorld


https://yestotheworld.com/in/en?utm_source=Indiblogger_contest&utm_medium=contest&utm_campaign=LH_SayYesToTheWorld_Mar18



No comments:

Post a Comment