Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Mini ... Isaac's mini ... and mini me!


I miss my Mini Cooper ... the other day we passed a tire shop and there was the mini cooper standing there  ... a real one  ... life size. Unlike the one Isaac walks around with. It was my dream car and while Suresh did drive it more than me ... I still enjoyed it. The seat warmer was probably what sold the car to me. I didnt know the engine was BMW when I bought it ... I didnt care! It just looked cute and I guess I had watched the 'Italian job'!
When we bought the car, it seemed too expensive. I was still a resident. Suresh had a fantastic job. But did we really need such a car? But Suresh made and excellent point ... 'We may never be able to ride around a car like that after a while' I guess he was assuming increasing family size!

When my dad got to know the cost of the car his exact words were ...'Is it bullet proof' . A few weeks/months later, he asked me 'So is that your dream car?' with a smile on his face that almost looked like he approved.


  Me and my mini

It was such a fantastic car that even held two car seats! Oh well! They say good things come in small packages ... so true. And for us better things came in even smaller packages making the Mini cooper a thing of the past and a mini-van a necessity of the future.


Isaac and his Mini Cooper





Mini Me


So cheers to the Mini --- my good friend I miss you.. ..

Hello to the Ertiga ... I am sure we will enjoy your ride!





No comments:

Post a Comment