Thursday, July 2, 2015

Pretty ... beautiful .... EARS ???

So my little boy Isaac has the prettiest little eyelashes. Just like DH they are long are curl upwards to touch the top of his eyelids. They are thick giving his eyes a dark and deep look. When he smiles ... his eyes smile too.
My little girl Ziva has the cutest and loveliest little cheeks. They still have their baby charm in them and her smile drives her cheeks backwards to a warmth that radiates around to everybody.



Yesterday as I watched them wake up from their afternoon nap, they looked like little angels and my heart got all warm and fuzzy. I picked up Isaac
Me: Isaac when God made you he put these pretty eyelashes and made them so special.
Isaac - 1000 watt smile
I turn to Ziva
Me - Ziva when God made you he put these cute little cheeks and made them so special.
Ziva rubs her eyes and smiles.
Me: Ziva - What special thing has God give amma?
I wait with baited breath to see what my child will notice about me
Ziva : Your ears!

And thats a wrap!

There are lot of blogs out there telling us not to draw vanity to your children by calling them pretty or beautiful. I really do not agree with it. While I would never call my daughter a princess or my son a king, I believe they need to hear from their parents that they have been specially and beautifully created. There is a fine line between self-esteem and vanity. We as parents are called to build our children's self-esteem while making sure it does not add up to vanity.

I believe parents should tell their children how kind they are , how good they are and how well-behaved they are. But they should also tell them that every cell in their body is beautiful. It teaches children to values their bodies and themselves. And my biggest fear is if my child does not hear it from me he or she make seek it from elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment