Friday, September 18, 2015

No Phonics for me - Thank you! Just some reading and side serve of encouragement

As a homeschooling mom, I was terrified when at age 5 Isaac did not seem to still be wanting to read. I knew he could read a lot of words. But he refused to look at sentences in books. He got irritated and refused to even sit with me when I tried to put some basic English language rules to him. I was even more flustered when I heard that 5 year olds were cursive writing in Schools. But writing was not my worry really. Isaac could write half decent. He was slow. But that was an incentive issue. If I could find an incentive he would write fast.
But I just wanted him to start reading. And then one day he just did.
It was right after I had gone completely frustrated and given up all hope. It was after I had cried my heart out wondering what I was doing wrong. It was at a point where I told DH ' I am going to leave him alone and let him figure it out. ' The only thing I decided to continue is to read as many books to him as I could lay my hands on.


READ MORE at ...


No comments:

Post a Comment