Sunday, February 14, 2016

'H' is for VADI! Ziva's world

So we are a 'Vadi' family! We strongly believe in the 'rod' of correction. But as parents and the fact that we do not get a lot of training, we have made mistakes in our method of correction. So I have threatened the kids several time with a 'hanger'.

Last week we were learning 'H' at homeschool. So Ziva was looking at the pictures and calling out the names of the objects.
'H' for house
'H' for hat
'H' for horse

'H' for Vadi





She looked at me innocently. I started to laugh. She started to laugh and so did Isaac.
Me: 'No Ziva that's not a Vadi! Amma is sorry she has used it as a vadi. But that is to hang clothes. Its a hanger'

I really praise God for His correction of my wrong parenting methodology. I thank Him for Isaac and Ziva who show me how much I need to learn.
I do not believe correction is wrong. But I do believe my heart needs to be right too. I.e the purpose of my correction is only to lead my children to walk closer to HIM.





Proverbs 22:15
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him

Proverbs 13:24
Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children.

Proverbs 23:13
Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish them with the rod, they will not die.

 Psalms 8:2
Through the praise of children and infants you have established a stronghold against your enemies, to silence the foe

No comments:

Post a Comment