Friday, February 26, 2016

Ziva style spiritual blackmail! Ziva's world

While reading the book 'Shepherding a Child's Heart' by Tedd Tripp I came across the concept of the 'Circle of Blessing'. This is a simple way of explaining to a child the reasons for obeying parents.
It was simple and even little Ziva caught on to it. It made things easier and helped me keep calm when I had to explain to them that if they did disobey I would have to discipline them.
All I needed to say was 'I, Z you are going out of the Circle!'

Well sometimes kids help us get perspective on our methods of correction. While I think the Circle of blessing is a wonderful way to correct, I need to stop using it as a blackmail tool :)

Recently I have been getting really tired of Ziva not finishing her meals quickly. She has either being playing with her food or talking way too much. So as a repercussion I decided to have her pay the price of not eating her meals when told to do so! When Isaac and I finished our meal we would go upstairs and read a story.
The first day I did this, Ziva yelled and screamed for me to stop reading while still not finishing her food.
The second day she finished her food quickly and joined us
The third day
Me: Ziva finish fast or else Isaac and I will read 'Beezus and Ramona'
Ziva: Amma does Jesus like it when you don't read to me?


Talk about Spiritual Blackmail!

No comments:

Post a Comment