Sunday, June 30, 2013

What did you do this weekend?

On Saturday morning, the only thing I knew about dry pastels was that they looked like crayons. Even that I knew because I googled 'dry pastels'!
By Sunday afternoon I had produced these two.

Tree of life silhouette 

Meera 

No. I am not incredibly talented. But I found a very very very patient teacher. Very encouraging. Very talented. And ...very pushy. Now Kanchan is going to read this blog and say 'Pushy ... mein ... kabhi nahi'
But let me elucidate on why I needed to be pushed. You see I am not a person of details. I need to finish things quickly. I need to have a product ... feel it ...  hold it ... see it and post it!
Had it not been for Kanchan telling me 'Fill up the white ... darken the corner ... put a little yellow here ... put a little orange there .... here let me show you ... ', my 'Meera' would have been very plain.
Oh by the way ... I was the only one who needed to be pushed. If you see the paintings of the other two ladies ... they are intricate ... detailed and fantastic.
Class was supposed to be from 11-1pm on Saturday and Sunday. But we ladies were there till 2 pm both days. Kanchan even gave a freebie saying ... 'Dont worry ... if you dont finish ... you can come another day. Just call me!'
It was de-stressing and yet tiring. Tiring in a happy way - where you looked at the painting and realized you had done something! With a cup of tea and some biscuits at 12:30 ... Kanchan made sure she renewed some of our lost energy and kept us going.

Somewhere during those 5 - 6 hours Kanchan mentioned ... she didnt have an official certificate saying 'Professional Art Teacher'.
Who cares! If you can bring this out of me ... I wonder what all you can do in someone who is artistic and talented.
Very good ending to last week and definitely a happy mommy starting this week.


Ladies ... and Gentlemen. Kanchan and her friend Deepa have started something called
Creative Adda ... Unleash your creativity. I am a big promoter of small business and entrepreneurs. I encourage you to encourage these ladies by 'Like' their facebook pages.

Creative Adda 
Artsy Craftsy
Kreative Steps

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is cool sis, God has given you great talents! keep it up

    ReplyDelete