Friday, November 16, 2012

35 going on 13

35 going on 13. My niece said this while we were jumping into our pool. I was doing all kinds of crazy stuff and not able to keep up with the 13 year old. But I had a blast with Grace.

Grace decided to come a week earlier than my sister and family because she wanted to travel on her own. I had planned lots of things ... a few worked out ... a few didn't. Baking class, lasagna, Thanksgiving dinner, movies and bowling. Of course a regular occurrence would be swimming. With the weather being so foul before she reached I was afraid that we would not be able to go swimming. But for the 10 days she was here ... it was bright and sunny ... well not warm  ... but swimable.

The day after she reached we went for a baking class at Lavonne (www.lavonne.in) and had a blast. Some one at the class asked us if we were sisters and we got a kick out of that too! We went for a course called 'breakfast pastries' and learned how to make croissants and doughnuts. I never thought we would make it after we reached home. But we tried it two times after that and had good success!

Grace and me 2012


We went for a movie leaving the kids with Suresh. 'Student of the year' was such a teen movie and it got me back to the day when I watched 'Kuch Kuch hota hai'. Super fun! At the interval I even asked her: 'What is the name of the ugly guy' and she said  'Which guy do you like?' Me:'The poor guy' She: 'Me too!' and we both squealed in laughter!  We both junked on chips, fries, chicken pop corn, ice tea and cold coffee.

We went swimming and jumped so many times in the water that towards the last day I had a backache and a headache.  My sister reminded me that I was 35!


We were watching this song from English Vinglish after Grace had left and Suresh said 'That girl is so cute ... she reminds me of Grace' (Sridevi's second niece in the movie). I realized it was not the girl that reminded him of Grace but the relationship we had with this13 year old that we could see ourselves dancing at her wedding!

Grace this song is for you ... I look forward to dancing at your wedding some day :). (Will also pray for the worlds best man for you!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP9GGUWJNEs


                                                          Grace my flower girl 2002


3 comments:

  1. Lavonne? In Indiranagar??? That's SO close to home!!! Kuttoooooo! Call me and come over no?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of dangerous minds and a lot of mad mallu's ... who is this... I dont want to guess... in case I offend someone.

      Delete
  2. <3 I was just going through your posts and I found this again. Made me so nostalgic :') I miss yooouu.

    ReplyDelete