Thursday, November 22, 2012

A theme a year

Did you ever feel like you were living a theme. I was reflecting on some verses and began thinking of the past 3- 4 years of my life. It seems that every year has had theme ... a song that kept ringing in my head... or a verse from the word of God that keeps coming back. So here is me just sharing

2008: 2 Corinthians5:8 -- Absent inthe body ... present with the lord.
This verse gives me a hope that soon one day, I will meet my father again. My earthly father went to be with the Lord in February 2008.  I live with the hope that one day we will all meet again. During one Sunday service the pastor while talking about someone who had gone to be with the lord mentioned this verse. When Suresh and I watch Isaac play ... imitate people and come up with crazy things to say - we both often say our Appas (Suresh and mine) would have enjoyed watching this vboy. Alas the lord took my dad away too soon!
1 Corinthians 15:26 --- The last enemy to be destroyed will be death.


                                               Top my dad got before he passed away .. I got it after his death


2009: Habakkuk 3:17-19 ----- Yet I will rejoice in the Lord.
In the beginning of this year we were still not sure whether we would have a child. We (Suresh and I) had been married for 6 years and I was slowly loosing home.
Song: 'I' m waiting on you Lord ' .........  Fireproof
And then suddenly all prayers answered ---- Blessings poured down and we awaited the arrival of our first little boy ---- Isaac
Pslam 127 :3 Children are a heritage from the Lord; the fruit of the womb a reward from him.
 Me with Isaac
 

2010: 2 Chronicles 20:15 --- The battle belongs to the lord
Our prayers  were not heard. Let me correct that our prayers were not answered in the way we wanted them to be answered. We did not get a yes ... instead my mother-in-law went to be with Lord on July 28 2010.
Psalm 46:1 --- A very present help in time of need
Between August 2010 and December 2010 ... we found ourselves alone, scared, hopeless and exhausted. I was working part-time and Suresh full-time. We decided against sending Isaac to day care in the hope that my mom would soon come back and help us with Isaac. But it was 5 months before she came back and at the end of it we were DONE.
We did get one good news during this time of hopelessness Ziva. She was our Good news ... the instigator of the India movement ... the realization that we had been far away  from home too long.
Song: Blessings

                                                                      Isaac July 2010

2011: Being pregnant and taking care of a toddler (1 year old to be specific) is not an easy task. I was constantly tired and there seemed to be a constant challenge on my being a mother since I had no energy to spend with a very energetic Isaac. I felt people all around me being judgmental.
This verse from Philomen by brother Bill Teubl was the best thing I had heard in a long time .. I wish more pastor/ elders were like Bro. Bill
Phil 1:7: because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed by you, brother.

In February of this month I made one of the scariest decisions every. I quit my job! Even before Suresh got the job in GE ... I went in one day and told them that I would not be coming back to work once baby number 2 arrived. The main reason : They wanted me come back as a full time faculty. I thought it the most insane thing to do since I could not handle one kid and a part time job ... how was I to do two kids and full time work.
We did find the most wonderful neighbors! Didi and family on one side and Mitel and family on the other.
The only thing that kept me going was the move to India. I kept praying that life would suddenly improve when we reached India. But we had other issues to deal with. Taking a toddler and displacing him from his most secure place is not the easiest thing to do. While we worried about how our dogs would adjust we forgot that Isaac .... this little person 'Isaac' ...would take the move the hardest.  Tantrums ... missing dad ... and other fun stuff kept this song going in my head.
Song: Life is not a snapshot


 2012: Song: Give them all Are you tired of chasing pretty rainbows .... are you tired of spinning round and round.
Have you heard this song. We heard it December last year at a church we visited.
Most probably because during any part of the day I felt myself being tired and many a days just wanting to give up. I also seem to keep questioning the Lord on whether 'this is what he wants me to do I.e. raising my children or whether this is  'where'  he wants me to be ... at home raising my children. This question normally comes to mind when I lose my temper with Isaac or it seems like I am constantly complaining about one of the kids to Suresh. As the song goes
'Give them all give them all ... give them all to Jesus. And he will turn your sorrows into joy.'

 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I wish I had the 'faith' and 'hope' like you have/had! Had a few similar experiences, and yes, displacing a toddler is the most difficult part - something that i underestimated when we moved to India, expecting Ishanvi (3+ mnths), and settling everything in India....Just wish I had more 'faith' and verses to reassure myself and keep my calm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mridula -- encouraged to have a neighbor read :)

      Delete