Monday, January 7, 2013

Encouraged

I have been encouraged by a fellow church member and while I would like to openly testify about her, it would lead to two things.
1. Hearing it everyone in church would decide to encourage me which is not the point of this blog either
2. Testimonies are to give glory to God and him alone
So this blog is to acknowledge Vandana Sibi for being so encouraging in such unique way that I don't even thing she realizes how encouraging she has been. Since I am better with written words than spoken ones here I go ..
 
I am part of a church activity with ulterior motive.  Sunday school for kids between 2-8 years. I pleaded with Pastor and while he agreed, he spun matters around by asking me to pull the whole thing together. And so since the beginning of October I have been trying to 'wing' a children Sunday school at church.
What is the ulterior motive -
1. Isaac will get out of my hair while I listen to the Word of God
2. Isaac will get instruction and learn to listen to another adult - what better place to prepare a child for school than in the company of believers!

I have wondered off and on if it was a bad idea. I wondered if the children were gaining anything from this experiment. God brings encouragement!

One morning Vandana called to tell me I had forgotten my bottle at church and to accept responsibility for teaching the kids the coming  Sunday. In the midst of the conversation she said 'You know Christelle was singing the song you taught at Sunday school' Christelle is her 5 year old daughter and like my son talks a lot so I was very happy to hear that she had absorbed something.

Another day yet again over phone conversation 'Christelle repeated the memory verse you taught ... what was it -- Trust in the lord with all your heart'. That week I hit seventh heaven and refused to come down!

I realized that I had my encouragement sitting right there in class ... Chirstelle praying for her family, Supriya asking about Jesus second coming and what people would look like in heaven (old or young ... a question I often thing about!) and Kichu telling me that we can hear God's voice when we read the Bible.

I had encouragement all along .. I just failed to notice it. Thanks Vandana for helping me notice it!

No comments:

Post a Comment