Sunday, January 27, 2013

The most blissful moment

What is your most blissful moment?
When did you sit back and think --- "this is life" --- taken a deep breath and let out a sigh!




My most blissful moment is lying between my two kiddos for an afternoon nap. Isaac is normally on my left and Ziva on my right. And when they are asleep, they are so peaceful



Why am I blissful?
Because when I lie between the two of them, I remember each of Gods goodness and blessings in my short life.Each of them is a small miracle and when they lie down there so peacefully it gives me great joy!


I remember before Isaac was born Suresh and I were not agreeing on sleeping arrangements of the new baby. He had heard all about the safety of babies being kept in a crib and the dangers of putting a new born in bed with us. US can over educate you on SIDS and all other scary stuff and while I dont disagree there are parents who have had sad experiences, I was confident that my child would be in the bed it us ... curled into me. As we were discussing it with various new and to be parents around us, I found approval from a rather unexpected source - Benji Arthungal. Benji put it so beautifully that even Suresh could not deny me my joy of having Isaac and Ziva in bed with us.
Benji:'There is really something wonderful about waking up to those smiling face every morning'

Here is one smiling face we get woken up to everyday!


I have been recently kicking myself off the bed and sleeping on a mat on the floor because
1. Isaac keeps pinching my hand as he falls off to sleep (some kind of soothing technique). This annoys me since it keeps me awake or wakes me up from sweet sleep. It also seems this soothing technique takes Isaac longer to sleeps since he keeps exploring various places on my hand to pinch
2. The only way to wean Ziva seems to be to sleep away from her. If she finds me by her side she automatically expect 'mik' i.e. milk ... day or night!

The last entire week I kicked myself off the bed and found myself waking up a lot at night and unable to sleep in the afternoon (a much needed nap to survive the crazy evenings)




I was complaining to Suresh that I had insomnia because I wasnt besides my kiddos and he yelled back exasperated 'Make up your mind -- you cannot sleep with them because they pinch and trouble you .... and you cannot sleep without them'

:)



PS: The blissful moment lasts only when both sets of eyes are closed - Else there is screaming and clambering up body parts that I didnt think could be clambered up on and lots and lots of stressful confusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment