Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Whats the time?

'Whats the time?' I ask
The man across the table rolls his eyes : '12:15'
'Oh we have plenty of time!' I say
He smiles!
'What time do you have to be home by?' He asks
'1:30/1:45' I reply





We spent 45 minutes eating! No we werent eating that much. Just eating slowly.... eating without being interrupted by arm tugging or someone asking us to take them to the bathroom or Ziva claiming out loud 'Poopooo'

Suresh and I ate lunch together -- alone --- today after a long long long time! A pre- celebration to Valentines day! We had been complaining  for a long time that we do not get time with each other anymore. Since the kids arrived, it seems that they are always around. I have been very reluctant to leave them and go anywhere. Normally we at least take one of them with us! But last week I told Suresh ' Ok we are doing lunch on Valentines day - just you and me!'
Suresh ' I have a meeting with the new Team leader '
Me 'Great - how about earlier'




And it was set. Carefully planned and executed beautifully.
Suresh woke up early and left. Kids woke up at 7/7:30 and after a few hours worth of 'schooling', a bath and off to the park they were sent with their aunty  who was warned of my absence from 11:30 to 2 pm. I left home at 11:30 promptly and cursed traffic as I headed towards ITPL mall for a much desired burger with Suresh. We met at Reliance Time Out -- checked out puzzles for Isaac and movies for ourselves ... strolled into Nandos and shamelessly ordered the 'bottomless' coke. Suresh ordered something that looked like Biryani with a peri .. peri name to it and cleaned it up. I ordered the Butternut Chicken burger which is happily sitting in my tummy!








12:15 - 1 pm peaceful eating ... no shoving food in anyone else's mouth ... no running to the bathroom or praying that no one throws up at the table. No hiding our soda's from the kids and in general no interruptions! In retrospect I am thinking I should have taken a picture of us at the table just as inspiration that lunches such as these can happen!


Happy Valentines Day Suresh ... Thanks for choosing me to be your valentine some 12 years ago! I hope we can have more lunches like this!






No comments:

Post a Comment