Monday, February 18, 2013

Animals!: Quotes from Isaacland

So Isaac is crazy about animals. We are glad that it is animals and not cars or guns. I guess I owe big thanks to Suresh who refused to accepts cars as gifts and blatantly told people he didn't like cars as a toy - 'he' being Isaac.

So animals it is! At age 22 months he would keep turning to the 'Hippo' page of his animal book and we had to read again and again and again about 'Pygmy hippos' and its fears and its love for water! I even learned that the hippo was a 'Pachyderm' - something I never knew till I was reading Isaac's book for him.





So he's got a favorite. About a year ago we visited the Trivandrum zoo with my uncle and aunt and they promised to show him a 'Hippo'. The zoo had like five hippos bathing in the water and eating! Isaac was mesmerized.
I still didn't realize how much he loved the hippo till he started interacting with story time buddy Dhruv. Now Dhurv's favorite animal is the Koala and Isaac realized that 'favorite' was a nice word. So Hippo it was! The rest in the family were assigned animals according to his liking. For instance Ziva's favorite was the zebra ... Appa's favorite was gorilla and Amma's was alligator (Maybe because when I yell at him I look like one!)

I still didn't realize how much he liked the hippo till one evening at dinner time. We were sitting around watching  the movie - Three Idiots. Well just watching the songs!
Suresh turns to Isaac and says 'Isaac don't become an Engineer and don't go to IIT OK!
Isaac nods: 'hmmmm' Which means Yes
Suresh: 'Isaac, what do you want to become when you grow up?'
Isaac: 'A Hippo!'
DONE!




No comments:

Post a Comment