Friday, June 20, 2014

To view or to click

For father's day I wrote a blog on mycity4kids as part of a competition.

http://www.mycity4kids.com/parenting/through-my-mothers-eyes/article/thank-you-dad

As I was writing this blog ... I really wanted a good photograph of the kids with Suresh and I went on a hunting mission. It was really hard to find. Probably because Suresh is the photographer in the family and I find the camera way to heavy. As I managed to find two that has Isaac and Ziva at the same age ... i.e. JUST BORN and put it on the blog, Isaac walked in. And so I started showing him pictures of when he was little and Ziva walked in. And I started showing her pictures of when she was little. And then we went into videos. I soon realized that we had spent almost an hour just looking at home videos of my first born and then my second born and then the bonding between the two of them as they grew up. I also has tons of me looking very good. :)
But there were very few of the man behind the camera with the kids - note to self - click more pictures of Suresh with the kids.
Why do I write this note to myself? Well every afternoon since that one afternoon, Isaac has been asking to see pictures of  'When Isaac was a baby' and 'When Isaac was reading to Ziva'
I guess if years later anyone (and by anyone I mean a teenaged Isaac and Ziva) complains Suresh didn't spend 'quality' time with the kids I have tons of photograph with the eyes of Appa looking through the lens trying to capture every ounce of cuteness there is!

I used to complain that Suresh clicked too many pictures when all I wanted to do was walk along and finish the chore we had set out on.  But this past week I am very  grateful for the numerous pictures clicked by Suresh! Thank you again!

My favorite of the three of us taken by Suresh is the one the mycity4kids website with me in the hospital robe new mom to 'TWO' babes ...

http://www.mycity4kids.com/parenting/through-my-mothers-eyes/article/thank-you-dad

Here are a few other favorites!



No comments:

Post a Comment