Monday, August 20, 2012

Missing Him


I have been missing him a lot recently. They say the void goes with time. But mine just seems to be getting worse. I think looking at Isaac makes me wish my DAD was still around.
My dad loved little kids. He especially loved them at the trainable age when you could show them 3 fruits and the could tell an apple from an orange. I know he would have enjoyed listening to Isaac talk.
We recently took a trip to Chennai and I saw Isaac seek attention from various other Appacha's. None of them really cared much about him since they each had their own grandchildren running around. It made my heart ache and once again I felt myself saying 'Not fair God!' I remember about a month before he passed away, I had called my father. My brother in law had told on him saying he was not taking care of his health. I tried to emotionally blackmail him saying 'Don't you want to see my children?'
He replied with 'When are you planning to have children?'



I am sure he would have enjoyed quotes from Isaacland
A recent one ---
I was showing Isaac an Indian flag and telling him the colors and decided to ask him a question
Me: 'Isaac are you Indian?'
Isaac (vehemently): 'No'
I thought great we are going to have a talk about citizenship and birth country etc when Isaac continues
Isaac: 'I am Isaac'
Me (giggling): 'No you are American'
Isaac: 'Noooooooooooo I am Isaac'



One of Suresh's cousins was recently appreciating how nice my maids were and I kept saying they  both (the cook and the maid) were a real blessing. She went on to say 'Your mother told me that your dad always supported the working class for their rights. Maybe you are receiving this blessing for all that he has done.'  As the bible puts it in Exodus 20:6 :but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

There is this Malayalam movie where this young orphan couple adopt parents from an old age home. When I see old Appacha's walking around the community I think -- maybe I should adopt an Appacha for Isaac!

No comments:

Post a Comment