Sunday, May 26, 2013

Good Job! : Quotes from Isaacland

So while reading up on raising kids, I read a portion where it says that we need to continously encourage out kids.
We did not use it much till potty training time arrived for Isaac. It seemed from that point on when he did something well we encouraged by 'Good job Isaac'. We took it a notch up by 'Good job Isaac! Give me a high-five!' We did this when he said 'Please', 'Thank you' and 'Sorry'.

-------------------------------------------------
So now it Ziva's turn for potty training. And we are high-fiving again!
One day I leave Ziva on the potty in front of the computer. Its the only way to get her to sit still so she can finish her job. Isaac is sitting next to her and watching the videos that I have playing. A few minutes later I hear this conversation
Isaac: 'What did you do Ziva? Show me'
A few seconds of silence and then
Isaac: 'Good job Ziva! Give me a high-five!'
I run back to see brother and sister high-fiving over a little pee in the potty!

---------------------------------------------------
A few days into Summer Camp and Isaac has his favorite naughty buddy Husain.
One morning during activity time the two are sitting together and happily painting.
Isaac: 'Wow Husain! Good job! Give me a high-five!'

Love my little boy!

-------------------------------------------------
Someone once sent me a mail about encouraging kids with  'Good job'. This person sent it after watching the number of times we used 'Good job'. The article actually was not in favor of 'Good job!' I am so thankful I did not listen to it. I realized that my son appreciated someone else because I appreciated him!

No comments:

Post a Comment