Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dressing like a BUM!


I ran out to my cycle ... it was a little past 7 am. I knew I had about 15 minutes before the kids woke up. A quick ride around would be really good if I could get out before they woke up. I almost got on my cycle when I turned around to see my neighbor walking out for aerobics class. Mridula smiled and said 'Going for a ride' I smiled back. 'Yes'. She looked prim and proper in her Capri tracks. Her hair was neatly tied back in a ponytail and she had her mat under her arm. Her sports shoes completed her look. She was going for a workout!
I was wearing a black, red and white (in case there were not enough colors) dhoti pajamas, an out of shape dirty black T-shirt and blue bathroom slippers! I felt like a complete bum!
I ran upstairs, and put on tracks. I could not find any t-shirts so I rummaged in the laundry basket. Dirty clothes ... oh well I was going to be sweating anyway. I pulled out a blue T-shirt and put in on. In less than 5 seconds I pulled it right off. It stinks!
I quietly slipped back in the room and found a grey long sleeved T-shirt and pulled it on. Kids were still asleep.
I ran out and made the effort to open the shoe closet and find my sneakers.

It was 7:10 am. I guess it was not so much time to spend to look like less of BUM! My new motto in life is to look like less of a bum - at least outside the house. Thanks Mridula!

1 comment:

  1. I saw the title of the post and thought you were talking about your brothers again...

    ReplyDelete