Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Seven Brides for Seven brothers

I have seven brothers --- well not real brothers. Cousin brothers combining both my mothers and fathers side. One older (by two months) and the other six younger.

We had a whole bunch of girl cousins get married and produce many babies and now the boys have arrived at their turn of being eligible bachelors or new dads.

Brother no 1 got married in November 2007 to a lovely damsel. Brother no 2. got married in April 2010 to another very pretty lady. Now brother no. 3 has come up to his turn  and I see yet another lovely lady to enter our family and I think ..... What .... How ..... why! How are my rowdy brothers attracting these lovely people!

Brother no 1. intially refused to get married. I think he was largely afraid of bringing home a bride to a family filled with so many sisters... sisters with very strong personalities. Well he was right on being scared. But I guess God had the perfect bride for him! Enter Lovely Liya and I guess there was no saying No! So in 2007 at the age of 30 he tied the knot. Some few weeks later he was running around getting her visa to take her with him to Dubai where he worked. Either he was desperately taking her away from her in-laws i.e. rescuing her from the hands of her sister -in -laws ... or he had fallen in love with this pretty damsel and could no longer stay apart from her. :)


I was asking Brother no. 2's pretty damsel her love story a few days ago and I had to wait a very long time (7/8 painful days) before she sent me her wonderful love story. Now Brother no.2 is the sweetest of the lot and the most brotherly i.e. he showers you with a lot of affection! But my lovely lady SIL told me that he almost got beaten initially! How funny!  When I see the two of them running around little Dhruv ... exchanging hands and sharing diaper changes .... I can see how prefect they are for each other. Its like two surgeons collaborating over one surgery. Well that is what love is about isnt it!


I love love-stories - whether they are before marriage or after marriage. Love-stories make the world all better. Marriage makes it stronger.


 When I met brother no. 3's pretty lady and asked them how they met .... well I heard that he too had low luck in the first go! In fact she told me that she said 'I dont think so' when he first asked her out. But now that I look at them and see their smiling faces as they look at each other ... Well its soo cute. I asked them when they were still dating 'You guys are serious right. You plan to get married right' Neither said a word but the smile in their eyes gave them up! Oh ya Marriage makes the world stronger.


We have come a long way and I wish I had pictures of us when we were kiddos. Most of us are parents now. And are busy running after little kiddos ... but I am still excited about dancing at brother no. 3's wedding.

3 rowdy's down and we sisters cannot take glory for any of the brides. If any of you have watched Seven brides for seven brothers ... the last but one scene has one baby crying and the men who have come to take the six girls back ask 'Whos baby is that?' and all six girls yell out 'Mine' :)

Proverbs 31:10-12
10 A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds. 11 Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it. 12 Never spiteful, she treats him generously all her life long.

Proverbs 18:22



He who finds a wife finds a treasure and receives favor from the LORD.

Proverbs 19:14
House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment