Tuesday, July 2, 2013

TMI - Facebook and all the news I give to it.

There was this day when I figured out that I could tag the places I have visited in the world on Facebook. I got finger happy that day and kept adding places I had been to. Now I thought it would show up only if someone checked out my Facebook page... I didn't realize that it would instantly start popping up on my friends updates! A friend of Suresh's spoke to him that weekend and asked Suresh what was wrong with me .... he was worried that I was sharing too much of Facebook. Well I was a bit embarrassed. My intention had not been to gloat about my travels ... or maybe it was.

 Me showing off my baby boy on Facebook or something

What do we share on Facebook? There was this article I read on how we 'lie' on Facebook! I just cannot seem to find that article. But it went on and on about how people write all the fluffy stuff that makes it seem like their life is perfect from the outside.
While I did think that the article was perfectly true ... I prefer it that way. I rather see someone enjoying themselves than see the 'real' picture. It seems to some that they would rather see sadness and reality ... but to me ... I like it when my friends status says 'Great Vacation' at ...' or 'Wonderful meal at ...' or 'Had a breakthrough!' or 'hubby gave me coffee in bed'   or  'kids cleaned up'... I really do not like an update that says 'Depressed' ... or 'Sick' ... If I wanted to hear that I would be calling you and saying hello. I wouldn't be just your Facebook friend.
I like hearing encouraging stories on Facebook. I like seeing my friends get married, have babies and in general be happy. It makes me feel happy when I open my Facebook page and there are pictures of happy people. Occasionally I do not mind supporting an animal abuse page ... and I know the pictures may be sad.   But I like happy pictures ... smiling faces .... engagement rings and healthy babies. And I hope I myself to tell you about my happy travels... wonderful hubby ... great cup of coffee  ...  wonderful new shoes and perfect kiddos. So please expect TMI (too much info) on Facebook ... detailed blogs and hopefully happy stories from me.

I was recently at a dry pastel classes and the ladies were talking about how we do the slightest things and put it on Facebook. It is funny ... and I enjoy the laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment