Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I can see whats happening ... but they don't have a clue ---- Lion King 'Can you feel the love'

I can see what's happening
 (What?)
And they don't have a clue
 (Who?)
They'll fall in love and here's the bottom line
Our trio's down to two.
 (Oh.)

The sweet caress of twilight
There's magic everywhere
And with all this romantic atmosphere
Disaster's in the air

Can you feel the love tonight?
The peace the evening brings
The world, for once, in perfect harmony
With all its living things


--------- Lion King 'Can you feel the love'

And just like .... one more is gone! When I say gone ... I mean married ... in love and gone. We may always be cousins ... but I know that when you are as much in love as he is ... you spend a lot of time on that new relationship. That is the way it should be too!

From Kartik and Vidya with love .... that was the name of their drink on their special evening. A sparkly blue tingly sweet taste on the tongue... just to let you know what the new couple was feeling deep inside as they officially stepped out of courtship into 'married' by law! A fantastic wedding. Beautiful colors, amazing clothes, a ceremony without confusion and with a lot of emotion, the best food ever and of course an awesome night of dance with strangers making it easy to lose all inhibition.


Kartik is my second to last cousin to be married. Yes he had to burden seven cousins on his moms sides getting married. To me he is the scariest, mainly because I have been beaten up by him when I was a kid even though I was 7 or 8 years older than him. That is the story I have told of him again and again. But I think I may now change it to man I know who openly has professed his love more than once to the lady love of his life. 
It isn't often that a man in my family does that. I am so happy to see his boy grow up to become a man who can take love and talk about it so boldly. Rarely do you see a man say he fell flat for his lady love. In this case it seems like it was on first sight. Most of my 'boy' cousins love talking about how their freedom is lost and how they bachelor life is OVER... (Like most of them even had a life)
Kartik has shown himself to be so different and for this I am so happy. 
Happy that he has found his lady love.
Happy that he has the guts to say it out loud.
Happy that he is happy to be in love and married to Vidya.
And Sooo Happy that he gave her kiss in front of an entire crowd of Indian folks. 

The song from Lion King ends with these lines ... 

And if he falls in love tonight
It can be assumed
His carefree days with us are history
In short, our pal is doomed


Cuzzz... you are so doomed in love ...:)


I just had to edit this blog to add a little snippet form Vidya's uncle. Am so happy for those doomed in love

For the record let me state that Vidya is completely bowled over by Karthik! I am so happy for both of them. Even if they are doomed......it is in their own 'Wonderland' and I am sure they will cherish it for the rest of their lives. 
---- Venkatesh Vasudevan



No comments:

Post a Comment