Friday, July 5, 2013

My lucky husband!

Yesterday I realized that my husband was the luckiest man! He had me as a wife!


I was having a conversation with a bunch of girlies across the road (two to be exact) and we got talking about car driving skills.
R: Rohini how long have you been in India? Definitely less than me? How come you drive the car with so much confidence?
I think my head was the size of a really large watermelon.... well its Jackfruit season .. so lets say a really large jackfruit. Well many have told me I do not take compliments very well! So I started to roll in my oversized head's slush!

Me: Well R in the US, we had stick shift cars. Suresh refused to buy automatic car and so both our cars were stick shift. So I am used to the gears. 
(What I should have said was -thank you I am so flattered!)

R: No yaar its not the gears ... you just drive well on the roads. I mean you are not afraid of others on the road.
I think if R sits in the car with me she may become afraid of me!
M: You must have driven before you left for the US. 
I nod a yes.
M: See that makes a big difference. I think I will have the 'L' board on my car all my life.
We all laugh!

Me: Well I have no choice. Suresh wont drive me anywhere. I need anything done I have to go on my own.
R: That's the point ... our husbands have spoilt us! They take us everywhere so we never learn to drive.
Me in my head : Suresh is so lucky!



I turned around and saw the two cars parked grandly in the garage! I quickly turned back
Me: Suresh does leave the car for me. 
Missing from our car park was Suresh's reliable and every puntureable mountain bike!

M: Thats the problem. Our husbands don't leave the cars with us. That's why we don't learn to drive!
I smiled - was I the luckiest girl or what

A few days back the topic of love marriage came up and I mentioned in the presence of three other girlies 'No one would tolerate me the way Suresh does!'

P.S: Suresh ... I am in a good mood ... you better not fight with me this weekend --- love --- your lucky wife ME!


No comments:

Post a Comment